Monday 2 March 2015

The Story of a Necklace ... continued part 3


After sifting through my stash and finding a collection that I think will satisfy my vision I can begin to put the necklace together.

I like to make sure my finished pieces are as strong as I know how to make them. Since this will be a relatively heavy piece I crimp each strand separately onto a closed ring - then I use jump rings to connect groups of strands onto the clasp. When done I have a beautiful 12 strand necklace composed of semi-precious gem stones as well as beautiful glass beads. I like the randomness of the piece very much. What do you think?



This is one of my favorite styles of necklaces. You can create many different options with this design.  The individual strands can vary in length or be all the same, you can mix your beads or keep them the same on every strand, the number of strands can vary - I am sure you get the idea.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. I like the necklace! The colours are very "you" but I dig the style. Very similar to a couple you have made me! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You "like" my necklace. Tough audience :) That proves my point though - this style can have many versions. And I understand these are my colours not yours. Love you!

      Delete